- Our Logo displays the old craft of Stone Masonry, which is the prominent skill developed by Miguel as a young Man. That skill kicked off the company. The stacked stones remind Miguel of his long cherished craft, which is currently a skill in decline.
- Did you know that Latin America has more stacked stone (Masonry) than any other culture in the world... And that there are more Pyramids south of the US boarder then in Africa... And that "according to the Guinness Book of Records", the Great Pyramid of Cholula "is in fact the largest pyramid ever constructed anywhere in the world, with a total volume estimated at over 4.45 million m³."
Family Owned and Operated:
- We have spent our entire life here, in California. We are California natives. We know the west coast, our large state, and specifically Northern California. We have planted, cared for, built, and worked in all of the Micro Climates in California. We have a working knowledge of the winds, rain patterns, sun and temperature, coastal and inland fog, and the natural earth movements. We have aided in the repairs, both environmental and structural. We have seen snow in the near by mountains and have felt the power of our Plant (The 1989 Loma Prieta earthquake occurred in Northern California on October 17 at 5:04 p.m. local time). We know the history and can shape the future. This is California and we Love it!
- Started working the land over 40 years ago. Mainly as a Stone and Brick Mason. Reyes Landscape Construction (RLC), started as a side job to fill in the wage gap created by Miguel's full time job in the 1970's and 80's. Although he had developed his masonry skills in his early teenager years and honed them through out his 20's, his job during the 80's did not employ his craft. Needless to say he was not fulfilled as a ranch hand, but approached his job with gratitude, waking early and leaving late.
Several years in, his then boss gave him the opportunity to build a decorative brick fence structure (still standing to date), noted his skills and the joy Miguel displayed when building project, he then assigned Miguel to take care of all the large Hardscape projects. His boss was not the only one to notice, but the general public in Sonoma and Napa noticed. The brick fence project led to several opportunities in Napa, followed by other recommendations, until Miguel had enough prospective project which allowed him to leave his low wage job to pursue the elusive American Dream; Start and run his small business.
Formally, Miguel brings over 35 years of hands on experience in the Landscape and Masonry Trades. Miguel is well know through out Sonoma, Napa and Marin, RLC was built on Relationships. In a time with out Facebook, Google or Computers, he built the company with out advertising, marketing or gimmicks, such as "Thumbs Up" or "5 Star" ratings, real people, real relationships and real recommendations.
Care for our Client, Integrity and Workmanship are the characteristics that built RLC. These three characteristics have attracted repeat clients, who in turn recommended RLC to family and friends. Miguel's craftsmanship has been passed down to select Foremen and Labors that display the three characteristics in which RLC was built on.
RLC cares for and maintains a highly productive, small and close crew.
- The brick fence story above is a vivid and fond memory for Felipe, as he was there at his Fathers side as a young kid (8 years old), not working but just following his Father during the summer months. He had one skill that Miguel was still learning. He had full command of the English language. It served him well, as he witnessed a prospective costumer approach Miguel and asked if he could work on a project for her in Napa. Felipe spoke up for Miguel, and from that day forward a small partnership was formed between Father and Son.
At an early age, he stuck to his Father’s side and learned the meaning of hard work. While other teenage students enjoyed the weekends and vacations, Felipe's winter, spring, summer breaks where dedicated to learning. Felipe picked up on the business, craftsmanship and trade. Before the age of 19, Felipe reached the Journeyman and Forman levels.
Management was second nature for Felipe. At the age of 15 he had learned to balance his education, work and sports. He achieved high marks in all three. Felipe began his Architecture studies in High School with 2 years of Architecture, Followed by 4 years as an Undergrad, the 3 years of Graduate and 4 years of Landscape Architecture. He holds a B.S Degree in Construction Management & Architecture.
Felipe is a Qualified Water Efficient Landscaper Certified by the EPA, Bay Friendly Professional. He has worked as an outstanding Project Manager for a company that constantly ranks among the top (3) in the world. He has worked as a structural engineering, field engineer and has managed contracts of over $50 million with success in Design Build projects, delivered on budget and on schedule. Felipe brings over 20 years of Architecture, Landscape Design and Design/Build experience to RLC.
- We are completely dedicated to Clients, Costumers, Nature and our small business. We have dedicated our lives to the proper and mindful development, restoration and care of our natural land. With deep gratitude to Sonoma, Napa & Marin Counties and all of Northern California, for following and believing in what we do. Our goal is to improve every micro-environment. Always learning and developing new means and methods to improve Earth our biggest and unyielding client!
Our Company Mission:
"We seek to improve our Environment, our worldly view and our company, with responsible Landscape Architecture and Construction. Precise and deliberate development of our craft, by means of constant academic, physical and ecological education will lead the way. By improvement of each individual project, we improve our world, in turn we serve others, and deepen a sense of responsibility for our Earths future. Design responsibly and build with care and precision.
Improve our Land, Improve our Earth."
Our Company Moto:
"LEADING THE WAY"